Why you can't miss Beef Week
Every year during the last week of May, the beef capital of Australia - Casino NSW - is host to a fantastic and truly magical event. A fever takes over the rural country town in Northern NSW and a unique event is embraced… the NCMC Casino Beef Week Festival, May 19 to 29, 2018.
With less than two months to go, preparations are well underway and the program is shaping up to be bigger and better than ever. The 2018 theme is “Celebrate Rural Australia” and from the word on the street, this year’s Casino Beef Week festival is going to be another spectacular one.
President, Stuart George is looking forward to welcoming over 30,000 visitors from far and wide to the beef capital of Australia and explains the top five reasons why people keep returning to experience Beef Week.
“Every year, the festival program is full of great events and lots of fun things to do for young and old.
“Beef Week is different to your traditional agricultural shows and exhibits. It’s a unique festival where community and industry come together and there is nothing else like it,” Mr George said.
Top 5 reasons why people return to the Beef Week festival:
- The Casino Beef Week Festival is not only for beef lovers and steer jocks. Yes, there is cattle in the street and it is called Beef Week, but there is much more than that. Event organisers work with many stakeholders to host over 100 fun events during the 11-day festival. There is something for everyone - from paddock to the plate experiences, art and craft to music, fashion, races, live entertainment and plenty more.
- This is a must. Enjoy a free and fresh snag or steak sandwich made from local Richmond Valley beef. On top of that, free chocolate and strawberry milk will be served while enjoying lots of live entertainment and music. It is the event that consumes over a half a tonne of local beef annually, and this year is set to be no exception. More highlights at the Breakfast with the Butchers include cow pat lotto, cow milking competitions, sausage competition and music live on stage.
- Great excuse for a country escape: The festival is a great reason for people to come together from far and wide. Whether it may be a catch up with family and friends or using the festival as a corporate networking opportunity for clients and business partners. Beef Week is bringing people together to connect, learn, taste and celebrate. Taking place over 11 days, the festival provides entertainment, education and an authentic country experience for everyone. It provides the perfect opportunity to explore this stunning pocket of Australia, which is located an easy drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and just 40 minutes from Byron Bay.
- Cattle in the main street: Beef Week is different to shows and exhibits. It is a unique festival and there is nothing else like it. You can watch cattle in the street while having a few drinks at the local pub or browsing through the 80 market stalls. Over 15000 people come to the CBD on the main Saturday of Beef Week enjoying the cattle competitions, beef taste testings, whip cracking, beef expo, wood chopping, amusement rides, markets and more.
- The legendary Beef Week spirit comes alive: This special fever takes over the town as the Beef Week spirit shines through to everyone as the festival approaches. There is definitely more to the beef industry than the steak on your plate or the meat in your burger... and the best way to find out all about the paddock to the plate process is coming to the 2018 festival from May 19-29.
Entry to most events is free
Tickets for other events are going on sale from May 1. The festival program will be hot off the press at very soon.